Saturday, March 3, 2012

I Got The Call!

Hooray! I was told yesterday that

 I do NOT- repeat- do NOT have lung disease! I can't express the relief I feel.

Woe is me! I thought it was the beginning of the end. You know, it's hard enough to know there are some unidentified solid objects smack dab in the middle of my chest, threatening (in my worst imaginings) to seep through the walls of my lungs to take over completely, squeezing the life and breath out of me; finishing me off with some 'chokeslam' to the ground. But, then on top of that, to be told the likelihood of me having lung disease as a probable cause of the 20% decrease in my breathing abilities (after looking at x-rays and PET scans) is high on the list! How horrible is that!

This is not me, the breast are to perky for someone my age.

I can't tell you how scared Dan and I have been. It's really hard to wait for results when you don't know what to expect anymore. I haven't been feeling my best lately, so I was bracing myself for the very worst. Last week I had gone in for an Echo Cardiogram and a specialized chest CT scan. Thank god for that, because it's a lot easier to lay down in a tube while holding my breath than having a slice of lung cut out for biopsies!

Thank god! I'm so relieved! I've been getting used to the feeling of things being heaped up on me. 'Oh sure she can take it! Let's really pile it on'. But that lung disease thing was just over the mark. I know the doctors are trying their best to look out for me - but they also don't listen to me. They discount my prednisone theory as the cause of my shortness of breath, and are very into delving deeper into some complicated scientific issue to find a cause.

I still have to have a biopsy of one of the spots in my chest; so sometime after the 12th of March, I'll find out if that's something cancerous; and if so It'll mean a whole new road of treatment and surgery and god knows what. But if the biopsy turns out to be something like inflammation - then I'll have to grab my doctors by the scruff of their necks and rub their noses in my Prednisone theory, like naughty little puppies that have gotten into something they shouldn't have. Like my chest!

You know, I wasn't wrong about the Yervoy swelling my Pituitary. Had I been taken off the Yervoy earlier, the swelling would have gone down and I wouldn't have had to have a biopsy up my nose and in my brain; and I wouldn't have had all the adrenal, thyroid, and growth hormone issues I have now.

But, about the up coming biopsy; It'll be done by one of the leading Thoracic surgeons in the nation according to US News World and Report. I'll be in good hands and I suppose it's better to know what I'm dealing with, than not knowing. So sometime Mid March I'll be posting again - hopefully with great news.

I want to thank everyone for being so supportive. It has meant so much to me from the beginning of this shit. I plan on plugging on for eternity! So plan on reading a lot more posts from me!


Love you all!
You won't find me in a chokeslam! 

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! I'm doing a happy dance for you Letha!! This is very promising news! Stay strong and positive, and know that you have a small army of people on your side sending good thoughts your way!

    Love ya,
    Heather L Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Letha!! This is the news I was hoping for because a lung infection on top of your weakened system would not have been a good thing. Keep on plugging, I am with you all the way darling! Elana xo

    ReplyDelete