Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Day Before Black Friday


Looking back on this last year, I have so many things to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my husband Dan, who has watched a shadow cross over me, and told me I looked beautiful when I know I looked like more like death than death itself.  I'm thankful for my husband who held my hand in the worst of times, standing firm in knowing things would get better, letting me know he would be there for me anytime I needed him. His strength has pulled me through the hard times and makes me realize how lucky I am to have our little family of three, counting Glen our super fabulous parakeet. I know our little threesome family is special and I am very lucky to be alive to be a part of it. They have kept me alive. Most days we watch our Glen going about his beautiful birdness, preening, bending backwards in a way you wouldn't think possible, peeping up and saying his nickname over and over to impress us. He does. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for Dan's mother who has kept him going and has been his strength in the beginning of this mess.

I am thankful for having such a great and caring Surgeon that has carved and carved away at my cancer making it shrink in fear of his scalpel. I'm thankful for his nurse who is a giving caring person. They have kept me alive.

I am thankful for you, my friends, Tom Lax, Brian Turner, Graham Lambkin, Scott Soriano, Chris Toenes, Travis Cobruh Jackson, Ruben Mendez, Scott Winland, Melissa Lunden, Shawn Slome (and so many others - sorry I'm a bit foggy) for everything they've done.

I am so thankful for the hundreds of friends, and for the people I have just come to know as friends. You all have helped me in so many ways. You have kept my spirit up when I was afraid. You let me know that I had people around me who cared about me. You kept me strong. I can't thank you enough. You have kept me alive.

I want to give thanks to the people that keep finding ways to help. Just know that it all mattered and I love you all very much!

I wasn't going to post an update because I've been very weak due to my pituitary not dealing out the right hormones that I need. I don't go in to see the Endocrinologist until December 14th.
I'll put an update then.

Dan just ran in to tell me that he realized we have a real Thanksgiving going on in our house. He's an Englishman, I'm an Indian, and we have a bird, who is not a turkey, and will not be eaten. And we are all truly thankful!

'I'm alive and well and living here on Living Island living every happy day
Alive and well on Living Island, living here in harmony and hope someday
 I hope someday the whole world will live this way!'

Still my theme song!

Living Island is the most amazing place!

No comments:

Post a Comment